Sort your items using the Automatic Chest Sorter.
The Atlas chest sorting system works using storage minecarts and is able to move entire inventories instantly.
The storage cart can be put into one of three modes by having the cart pass over a powered activator rail with a wool block under it.
The color of the wool will change the mode of the minecart.
- Red Wool = Take mode - Take items out of chests and put them into the minecart. (Note: currently to reduce abuse, the chest MUST be named "Input")
- Blue Wool = Put mode - Put items from the minecart into a nearby chest.
- White Wool = Disabled mode - Returns the cart back to vanilla bahavior.
There are other settings that you can use:
- Green Wool = Leave one of each item type behind.
- Orange Wool = Don't leave any items behind.
- Magenta Wool = Only transfer if the target already contains the same type of item.
- Brown Wool = Transfer regardless of what is in the target.
Once you have configured the cart using the wool blocks, when the cart passes over a powered activator rail it will scan for nearby chests (2 blocks up, 2 blocks down, 1 block east, west, north, & south) and will put or take items as you have configured it.
Right click the minecart to view the current config.
It is possible (and recommened) to have a single cart in your base that performs all sorting activity,
== Contest ==
The Elders are looking for small auto sorter designs to provide as a purchasable town landmark.
The design needs to fit within 16x16x16 and provide signs and such to help new players understand how it works.