To protect your citizens from players and monsters alike, place Guard Towers in your Towns!
Guard Towers are special structures that spawn guard mobs to defend your Nation members. They can be purchased from Siege Engineer NPCs in any NPC Town.
To build a Guard Tower, simply place its spawner block down where you want it. 100g will be deducted from your Nation Coffers, and the tower will build automatically.
Once active, a Guard Tower will spawn guards if:
- A foreign player is nearby.
- You are hurt by a mob.
- You are hurt by a foreign player.
- You press the button on the spawner.
To see the statistics of a Guard Tower, simply right-click the spawner block. One thing this will show is the Guard Tower's "health," otherwise known as its Magicka. All Guard Towers start with 100 Magicka. Whenever a guard spawned from the tower is killed, its Magicka decreases - once it reaches 0, the Guard Tower is destroyed.
Guard Towers come in dozens of different styles, sizes, and designs - each NPC Town has a different variety for sale. However, players can deconstruct their placed Guard Towers and rebuild them any way they like. The only block that cannot be removed or replaced is the spawner.
To remove a Guard Tower, simply break the spawner block. Doing this will remove the tower itself, but will not drop the spawner, as Guard Towers cannot be moved - only placed and destroyed.
A few notes about Guards:
- If you attack a mob in the presence of a guard, that guard will help you kill it.
- Guards will not attack your allies, unless they attack you or your guards first.
- If you have another Nation set as "friendly," you will be unable to harm their guards - unless they have you set as "hostile."
- Guards will not attack neutral players, unless they attack you or your guards first. However, this can be changed by adjusting the setting at the Guard Tower's spawner block.
- Guards will despawn after awhile, if there is nothing for them to do.