Looking to host an event in one of your Towns? Declare a Grand Feast, and you and your guests will be able to net your Nation culture perks and leaderboard points just by celebrating during your own player-hosted events!
What is a Grand Feast?
A Grand Feast is a 2-hour event that is held in one of your Towns. Once the Feast is declared at your Town Steward, a message will be broadcast to the server (and discord) announcing it - and the Grand Feast will begin in 24 hours.
During the 2-hour period of the Feast, you and your guests will accrue Trophy Points for the host Nation by doing a variety of activities (explained below.) Once the Feast ends, the points are tallied up, and the host Nation can spend them to acquire Culture Trophies, which give various perks to either the Town or the entire Nation. (The current Culture Trophies available will also be listed below.)
Once a Grand Feast has concluded, there is a 3-day cooldown before the host Nation can declare another one.
The Feast Prelude
Similar to Sieges, Grand Feasts have a “Prelude” period that is active prior to the start of the actual event. Unlike Sieges, however, the Feast Prelude is an entire 24 hours - in order to give attendees enough notice to plan to attend.
During the Prelude, a bar will appear at the top of the screen (when in the hosting Town’s borders) showing the time left until the Feast begins.
Food cooked at a Cooking workstation in the host Town during the Prelude will display a special lore line showing that it was cooked for the Feast. Food cooked this way will give extra points to anyone who eats it during the event!
Once the Grand Feast begins, the host Nation will begin to accrue Trophy Points for a variety of activities that take place during the event. Members of the host Nation can each accrue a maximum of 20 points during a single Feast, while attendees outside the host Nation can each accrue a maximum of 30 points. However, there is no cap to the overall number of points that can be gained from a single Feast - so the more players you get to attend your event, the more points you can get!
So what sort of activities garner Trophy Points?
- Attendance - Simply attending the Feast will grant 3 points for each host Nation member, and 6 points for each non-Nation member. (Note: Attendance points do not count towards a player's Feast Points cap!)
- Food - Each unique food item a player eats (vanilla or cooked dish) will grant 1 point (2 for non-Nation members.) If that food is a Cooking dish made during the Feast Prelude, it will grant 2 points (3 points for non-Nation members.)
- Drink - Each Brewery item a player drinks will grant 1 point.
- Fanfare - Players now have access to the /clap command. The more players that are clapping near each other, the louder applause they will generate. The bigger the applause, the more points they’ll give!
- Music - Instruments (a new type of Luxury Item) are now available for purchase from Vadistrarius in Nauru. Play enough notes on your Instrument during a Feast, and you’ll begin to generate points!
- Duels - If players duel each other within the host Town borders during the Feast, the winner will generate 2 points, while the loser generates 1.
After 2 hours, the Grand Feast will end, and the total points will be tallied up and granted to the host Nation.
Trophy Points are used as currency which Nations can use to purchase Culture Trophies. Like Relics, Trophies give specific perks to either an individual Town, or an entire Nation - however, unlike Relics, Trophies are not a physical in-game item.
Trophies can still be “stolen” though! Another Nation can spend their Trophy Points to “buy away” a Trophy controlled by another Nation. However a Trophy cannot be stolen within the first 24 hours that it's been acquired by a new Nation.
- Gluttony Trophy - All food items eaten by Nation members give 100% efficiency, regardless of taste preferences.
- Fermentation Trophy - Brewery barrels age brews twice as fast within the Town’s borders.
- Tourism Trophy - Every 2 hours, a custom message of the Nation’s choosing is broadcast to the server. Additional Trophy Points may be spent to increase this frequency to 1 hour.
- Culinary Trophy - Spawns a random food ingredient every 5 minutes. (Items can be obtained from the Grand Feasts menu at the Town Steward.)
- Kaldras’ Trophy - Speeds up growth of crops within the Town’s borders, and allows you to plant any type of tree in that Town.